Awards & registration fee waivers
Scientists, who wish to apply for either the EMS YSTA or the Tromp foundation travel award to young scientists (TFTAYS) must be the principal author of their contribution and must submit an abstract by 14 March 2017. Scientists, who wish to apply for a registration fee waiver must be the principal author of their contribution and must submit an abstract by 21 April 2017. Please study the respective announcement below for requirements and submission of any additional documentation.
- Please note that award applicants have to pay Abstract Processing Fees (APF) at the time of submitting the abstract.
- Each support award is granted to the contact author for a particular abstract. Should this abstract be withdrawn before the meeting or should this abstract not be presented at the meeting, although the author who has been awarded is present at the meeting, the award has to be returned, i.e. the author in question will be asked to register and, if necessary, to pay back the money received.
- Awards and registration fee waivers cannot be transferred.
Please follow the links below for detailed instructions on how to apply for the respective support schemes
- EMS Young Scientist Travel Award
- Tromp foundation travel award to young scientists for papers on biometeorology (TFTAYS)
- Registration fee waiver
In general it is expected that authors of conference contributions scheduled for presentation will secure their participation in the conference without any financial assistance provided by the organisers.
For a limited number of participants registration fees may be waived, with high priority for young scientists. Participants who may want to apply for waivers to facilitate their participation in this conference are asked to indicate their application and to upload the following application details (in one pdf-file) within the abstract submission tool:
- Please enter the session Programme, select the programme stream and session you would like to submit your abstract to, and use the link "Abstract submission" associated with that session.
- Within the abstract submission tool, please tick that you would like to apply for the support scheme.
- Upload the following application details (one pdf-file):
- a short CV, indicating nationality, date of birth, and recent relevant publications,
- a short statement on other sources of funding of travel expenses, and how research will benefit from your attendance at the conference
- Complete the abstract submission form and submit your abstract.