How to submit an abstract
Thank you very much for your interest in the EMS Annual Meeting: European Conference for Applied Meteorology and Climatology 2017. Please follow the guidelines for the submission of your abstract. Please note that an abstract processing fee (APF) of €35 per abstract is charged.
- The abstract will be the basis for conveners to accept a contribution and decide about the type of presentation.
- Abstracts should motivate only shortly the work to be presented but provide factual information on the description of methods used and the anticipated type of results.
- Abstracts should be between 300 and 400 words, clear, concise, and written in English with correct spelling and good sentence structure.
- Mathematical symbols and equations must be typed in, and metric symbols should be used. Figures and tables must not be included.
- We recommend that the abstract be carefully compiled and thoroughly checked before submission, in particular with regard to the list of authors, in order to avoid last minute changes.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the meeting by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors.
- Authors may decide to submit their abstract with a preference either for a poster presentation or for an oral presentation. However, there is no guarantee that an oral preference can be realized depending on the available time slots for orals and the suitability of the abstracts.
- Use a text editor of your choice to compile your abstract: title, author(s), affiliation(s) of author(s), and the abstract text.
- Browse through the session programme and select the session of your interest.
- Use the “Abstract submission” link for the selected session.
- You are asked to login to the Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer. Use your account data or create a new account.
- Fill in the submission information about title, author(s), and affiliation(s) of author(s).
- Choose between plain text, LaTeX, or WORD content with regard to the abstract text.
- Copy and paste your information into the form or download and use the WORD template.
- Check the generated PDF file of your edited and formatted abstract.
- If the conversion of your abstract fails, then please specify your problems; we will then take care of them.
- Please indicate your invoice details for the abstract processing fee (see below) as well as your payment method (credit card or PayPal).
- Submit your abstract.
In case any questions arise, please contact us at email@example.com
Abstract processing fee (APF)
- An abstract processing fee (APF) of €35 gross must be paid for each abstract submission.
- APFs can only be paid by credit card or PayPal.
- Abstracts are only processed and available for the session organization by conveners after the payment is completed. Please note that this is a processing fee and not a publishing fee.
- APFs are not refundable in the case of an abstract withdrawal, rejection, or double submission. The fees collected cover the cost to process the abstracts whether or not one attends the meeting.
- The APF does not register you for the EMS Annual Meeting. Separate registration fees apply.
- Solicited speakers do not receive discounted APFs, registration fees, or travel reimbursement.