Registration for the EMS Annual Meeting: European Conference for Applied Meteorology and Climatology 2017 is by payment of the appropriate registration fee. There is no waiving of registration fees except for scientists receiving support.
Registration fees cover access to all scientific events, refreshments during the coffee breaks and the icebreaker reception.
The EMS aims to make the Annual Meeting more sustainable and minimize the use of resources. During the abstract submission, authors were asked to indicate whether a printed programme book is needed. 70% of the authors indicated that they would not need a programme book any more. Thus, only a limited number of programme books is available on request.
Please be aware that the mobile app (continuous updates) and the EMS2017 website offer the option of generating and printing your own personal programme
BAMS Digital Edition
The American Meteorological Society offers 3-months access to the BAMS Digital Edition for all student registrations at the EMS2017. Young scientists who would like to receive a code for 3-months access to BAMS Digital Edition, will have to agree to have their email address forwarded to the AMS (tick the relevant box during the registration process).
Early registration rate
- When registering for the early registration rate, there are two payment options: (a) by credit card or (b) by bank transfer.
- Participants from most European countries can choose to receive their name badges by airmail about 8–10 days prior to the conference if payment is received by 23 July 2017.
Standard registration rate
- You can register online until the end of the conference, but you can only pay by credit card.
|Categories||Early registration rates
(deadline 23 July 2017)
|Standard registration rates|
|Week ticket||Week ticket||Day ticket|
|Member 2017 (1):||€385||€415||€230|
|Student member 2017 (1, 2):||€170||€200||not available|
|Student non-member (2):||€190||€220||not available|
|(1)||Participants having paid their annual membership fee for 2017 to AMS, ESSL or any of the member societies of the EMS, and staff of EMS associate members. Please check on this EMS web site, if your organisation belongs to the EMS.|
|(2)||Please enclose/show proof of status.|
Instructions for online registration
- Please ensure you have read and understood the cancellation policy on registration conditions as provided on the website.
- All information should be typed in upper and lower case (e.g. John Smith).
- You will have the opportunity to review and edit any registration details before the final stage of payment.
- 60 minutes is the maximum time allowance to complete the form before the system times out.
- The current versions of Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer are the preferred platforms for use of the forms.
Terms and conditions
- Pre-registration at early registration must be accompanied by payment. Otherwise, it will not be processed and the standard registration rates will be applied.
- Registrations are for the persons specified and are non-transferable.
- Changes to registration invoices are only possible with regard to the invoice address or order references. Any such claims must be received by Copernicus Meetings no later than 6 weeks after the last day of the conference. Later requests cannot be considered.
- Changes to the registration rate selected in the finalized registration form, including received invoice, can only be realized for unpaid invoices. Then, the attendee is asked to cancel the registration order and to place a new order through the registration form, including the correct registration rate. Please note that the deadline for early registration is also valid in such cases.
Conditions and cancellation policy
- Registration fees will only be refunded if the notice of cancellation is received by Copernicus Meetings before 23 July 2017. The cancellation fee is €50.
- Cancellations after 23 July 2017 and no-shows are not eligible for a refund.
- Registration fees are not refundable in case the conference has to be cancelled because of a force majeure.
- There is no reason (including but not limited to illness, inability to travel, visa application rejection, travel restrictions, etc.) for registration cancellation that makes the above-mentioned deadline for cancellations inapplicable.
The organizers cannot accept liability for personal accident, loss or damage to private property, which may be incurred as a result of the participation in the EMS Annual Meeting: European Conference for Applied Meteorology and Climatology 2017. Participants are, therefore, advised to arrange appropriate insurance cover. This should extend not only to travel but also to cancellation costs.
Parts of the EMS Annual Meeting 2017 will be recorded. By registering, participants acknowledge and consent that during their attendance at the EMS Annual Meeting 2017 their image or voice may be recorded via video, photograph, or by any other means ("recorded") by an official of the conference or designated staff. This material may be distributed or published at the discretion of the European Meteorological Society. If you do not wish to be recorded, you are required to formally advise the EMS Secretariat in advance.