Excursion to Met Éireann Headquarters on Wednesday 6 September 2017 (14:00–16:00)
In connection with the EMS2017 Conference in Dublin, Met Éireann, the National Meteorological Service of Ireland, and the Irish Meteorological Society, local sponsors, and supporters have organized a FREE excursion to Met Éireann Headquarters which is within walking distance from the EMS2017 Conference venue, The Helix.
The main goal is to share knowledge about the following.
- Maintaining the weather observing networks deployed in Ireland and the climatological archive for Ireland,
- Research work being undertaken by Met Éireann, and
- The operational challenges in producing and disseminating national weather forecasts and warnings in the Irish context.
Explanations about scientific research and instrumental deployment projects will be given by local researchers, ICT developers, and operational forecasters working at Met Éireann.
Besides the scientific interest of the short visit, this will be an opportunity to enjoy a nice walk in the beautiful suburbs of north Dublin. The excursion is planned for Wednesday 6 September 2017, departing from the Helix Conference Centre at 13:30, arriving at Met Éireann HQ at 14:00, and departing at 16:00.
Intending participants must register for the event. Check-in for registered participants will start at 13:00 at The Helix Conference Centre. Participants will walk from The Helix to Met Éireann, a distance of approx. 2 km.
In the case of very bad weather conditions, umbrellas will be organised for the excursion.
|Date:||Wednesday, 6 September 2017|
|Place of departure:||The Plaza in front of The Helix Conference Centre, DCU Glasnevin Campus, Dublin 9.|
|Depart walking:||Depart walking from The Helix at 13:30; participation is only possible with an e-ticket.|
|Duration:||The excursion will run from 14:00 to 16:00.|
|Registration:||Registration is absolutely necessary, and will be handled on a first-come first-served basis.|
|Max. number of participants||60|
- Please follow this link to register on Eventbrite
- Print off your e-ticket and show it to the Excursion Organizers at The Helix on Wednesday, 6 September 2017 at 13:00 before leaving for Met Éireann at 13:30.
Waiting list: once 60 places for the excursion are reserved, we will open a waiting list to fill places becoming available due to any cancellations.